This article is about Caitria's appearance in Judgement Pillar. If you would like to edit this article, please leave a message asking for Plasmaster's permission.
Fights for Her People
A proud warrior from the realm of Althria, Caitria Finley fought under the tutelage of Althria's greatest hero; after his death, Caitria took up his sword and his position as general in the coming war. Many underestimated Caitria because she was a woman, but she used this to her advantage and proved time and time again to be a superior tactician, general, and warrior. During the days of the war she learned some magic from a royal sorcerer and used it to heal the wounds of soldiers on and off the battlefield. She became the talk of many nations, and it was said that the only thing more striking than her broadsword was her beauty.
However, things took a turn for the worse when the enemy unveiled their secret weapon; it proved too much for Caitria and her armies and their ranks were devastated. She was unable to put the armies back together, and the enemy won. She took up a life as an enigmatic wandering traveler and vigilante, helping the defenseless people to resist the new rule. She soon caught wind of a magic pillar hidden far away that was said to grant the wish of those who proved their worth. She set out for the pillar, blade in hand, to wish for the restoration of her kingdom.
- No. of Jumps: 2
- Wall Jump: Y
- Wall Cling: N
- Tether Recovery?: N
- Float?: N
- Crawl?: N
- Kill moves: third hit of jab, forward tilt, all smash attacks, down aerial (when it spikes), back aerial (when it spikes), neutral aerial, up aerial, back throw, Light Magic, Shift Pierce, Valor Strike
- Possesses two spikes/meteor smashes: down aerial and back aerial
- Third heaviest in the game, having good survivability
- Disjointed hitboxes on many attacks gives her good priority
- Good range on many attacks
- Combo starters: dash attack, up throw
- Has lots of kill options
- Good damage output on most attacks
- Forward tilt can be delayed, making it good for punishing techs, tech rolls, ledge options, and other movement options
- Sixth highest ground jump height
- Good ground game
- Light Magic neutral special can be charged to increase the projectile size, speed, range, damage, and launch power; once it reaches full charge Caitria will be healed a small amount, and will be healed again when she fires the projectile
- Shift Pierce has invincibility frames during most of the move, allowing Caitria to move through enemy attacks and projectiles; it makes for a good horizontal recovery and the attack after the maneuver is not only a good kill move but will also break a block
- Valor Strike up special is a command grab, making it useful against opponents in block; after the first attack there is a second attack that will launch the opponent in the direction you input, which can reverse the edgeguarding situation to put it in Caitria's favor
- Blind down special is a good kill set-up as it leaves the opponent open to attack
- Second slowest dash speed
- Below average air speed
- Subpar double jump height
- Below average combo game
- Rather large hurtboxes make her susceptible to combos
- Valor Strike's recovery is poor unless it hits an opponent
- Average grab game
- Below average air game
- Shift Pierce can be punished easily by an opponent who times their attack properly
- Blind can be reflected/deflected, and because of its low range an opponent who blocks Blind at the right time can deflect it to cause Caitria to be blinded instead, leaving her open to attack
- Forward tilt can be delayed.
- Ledge attack works like down special.
◾Normal A- Caitria steps forth and partially draws her blade from the sheath to hit with the handle, then kick forward with one foot, and then completely draws the blade from the sheath and swings it forwards. 3%, 2%, 7%
◾Up Tilt- Strikes upwards with the hilt of her sword. 8%
◾Down Tilt- Kicks low across the ground. 7%
◾Forward Tilt- Draws her blade and powerfully swings it forwards; hits a little bit behind her as well; button can be held to delay when she draws the blade and begins the attack. 12%
◾Up - Caitria draws her blade and swings it overhead, finishing with the blade impacting with the ground behind her. 16%
◾Fully Charged Up Heavy- Caitria imbues her sword with light magic and spins around while swinging it, hitting overhead with it twice. 10% first hit, 11% second hit
◾Forward - Caitria kicks forwards with one foot. 14%
◾Fully Charged Forward Heavy- Caitria imbues her fist with light magic and punches forwards. 18%
◾Down - Caitria swings her sword along the ground in front of her and then kicks backwards across the ground. 15% sword swing, 8% kick
◾Fully Charged Down Heavy- Caitria imbues her sword with light magic and stabs it forwards, then turns and stabs it in the other direction. 20% first attack, 16% second attack
◾Dash Attack - Caitria tackles forth with her shoulder; press the button again to execute an upwards sword swing attack. 9% tackle, 8% sword attack
◾Ledge Attack - Caitria climbs up and releases a flash of light from her hand; works like the Blind special move. 1%
◾Up aerial - Caitria swings her sword overhead, imbuing it with light magic. 8%
◾Down aerial - Draws her sword, raises it overhead, and stabs it straight downwards; spikes when it hits with the hilt of the blade. 9%
◾Neutral aerial - Draws her sword and swings it forwards. 10%
◾Forward aerial - Kicks forwards twice. 4% first kick, 4% second hit
◾Back aerial - Draws her blade and does a backflip, slamming her blade in a downwards arc as she does so; meteor smashes when sweetspotted. 15%
Grabs and ThrowsEdit
◾Pummel: Caitria headbutts the opponent. 2% each hit
◾Forward Throw- Caitria throws a knee into the opponent, bashing them away. 5%
◾Back Throw- Caitria runs the enemy through, turns around, and then kicks them off of her blade. 10%
◾Down Throw- Caitria tosses the opponent on the ground behind her and then throws her sword on top of them. 6%
◾Up Throw- Caitria uppercuts the opponent. 3%
◾Neutral Special- Light Magic: Caitria charges a projectile of light magic in one hand, with it going through different stages, increasing in damage the more it is charged. When it is fully charged, Caitria will heal 5%, and will heal another 4% when the projectile is fired. 4% uncharged, 6% partially charged, 10% charged more, 16% fully charged
◾Side Special- Pierce Shift: Caitria dashes forth, using light magic on herself to make her temporarily intangible; at the end of the dash, pressing the attack or special move button will have Caitria execute a stabbing attack that pierces and breaks blocks. 18%
◾Up Special- Valor Strike: Caitria grabs the handle of her sword and leaps upwards and forwards a short distance; if she comes into contact with an opponent, she will unsheathe her blade and slash upwards with it, carrying the opponent up with her, and then execute a secondary sword attack; the direction the attack launches the opponent depends on the direction the player inputs; if Caitria inputs the upwards direction, the second sword attack will send the opponent upwards, for example. 6% first slash, 7% second slash
◾Down Special- Blind: Caitria thrusts one hand out and releases a bright flash of light from it that will make an opponent hit with it dizzy, leaving them open to attack. 1%
Side Taunt: Caitria pulls her hood up over her head; she'll keep it up until the taunt is used again, when she'll push it back off her head.
Up Taunt: Caitria draws her sword, spins it around in her hand, and resheathes it.
Down Taunt: Caitria raises a fist as it glows with light.
Extra Taunt: Caitria steps to the side, grabs the hilt of her sword, and looks away as her hair blows in the wind.
Stage: Mackey's Tavern
Enemy: 6 Thugs
Stage: Pillar of Althria
Stage: Pillar of Wygyllhaur
Stage: Pillar of Tondan
Stage: Pillar of Saerfelle
Stage: Pillar of Neptius
Stage: Pillar of Vyllis
Stage: Pillar of Ectra
Enemy: Eagle King
Stage: Pillar of Kent
Stage: Black Pillar
Enemy: 20 Assassins, 2 Noctus
With her trials complete, Caitria wished for her kingdom to be restored. The Pillar of Althria granted her wish, and Caitria returned home to find that the kingdom was no longer under enemy rule, and the people were no longer oppressed and lived peacefully. Having saved the people of the land she had fought to protect, Caitria returned home to rest until her strength was needed once again.